Title of the Project: Improved Education Outcomes through Early Childhood Development Centres in Bangladesh (IEO-ECDCBD).
Period: January to June 2020
Budget: BDT- 4,719,549/-
Donor: Deaf Child Worldwide (DCW)-UK
- Division: Dhaka, Chattogram, Khulna and Rangpur.
- District: Dhaka, Chattogram, Jhenaidah and Nilphamary.
- Sub-district: Savar, Anwara, Jhenaidah Sadar and Saidpur.
- City Corporation: Savar Municipality, Jhenaidah Municipality and Saidpur Municipality.
Union: Poraikura and Haildhar union of Anwara upazila, Kalicharanpur union of Jhenaidah sadar upazila, Kamarpukur, Bangalipur and Botlagari union of Saidpur upazila.
Word no- 1 – 9 of Savar Municipality, Jhenaidah Municipality and Saidpur Municipality.
Focus Area (According to CDD’s strategic Plan): Education
Overall Objective/Goal: Enhanced access to inclusive and equitable quality education by deaf children through improved communication and resource mobilization.
- Outcome 1: Improved provision of early year’s education for deaf children by ECD teachers, resource mothers, deaf role models and parents in four districts.
- Outcome 2: Improved ability of parents, peers and teachers to communicate with and support deaf children as they transition to formal school from the ECD Centres
- Outcome 3: Improved awareness on gender; child rights & protection; deafness & healthy hearing care is observed among community members.
- Outcome 4: Improved deaf children and young people’s link with local services and entitlements.
Contribute to SDG Goal(s): 1.1, 1.3, 1.4, 3.4, 3.8, 4.1, 4.2, 4.5, 4.a, 4.c.
Contribute to UNCRPD Article(s): 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 19, 21, 24, 25, 26, 27, 30, 31, 32, 34.