Accounts and Administration Assistant
- The Centre for Disability in Development (CDD) is a not-for-profit organization established in 1996 to develop a more inclusive society for persons with disabilities. CDD simultaneously builds technical capacities of the development stakeholders and the communities in how to be more inclusive whilst also enabling persons with a disability to participate in society by strengthening their leadership and providing them with essential rehabilitation and other supports.
- CDD is one of the most renowned organizations in the field of disability-inclusive development. CDD’s work in Bangladesh is supported by international and national donor agencies/development partners. CDD offers an inclusive, amicable, and respectable work environment.
- The Ramon Magsaysay Award (Asian version of the Noble prize) has been awarded to its Executive Director in 2010. In 2018, CDD was recognized by the Government of Bangladesh as one of the best organizations working on disability and development issues.
- Prepare periodic
(Monthly/Quarterly) budget variance
- Ensured the expenditure are incurred and booked in accounts respective budget line, follow up and report to Project Manager,
§ Books of Accounts & Reporting:
- Check & ensure all bill voucher, finance documentations are made available on demand,
- Maintain up-to-date books of account, data entry and preserve all kinds of subsidiary registers,
- Ensure all receipts and follow up of settlements of advances and evidences,
- Ensure all payments are charged into approved budget line,
- Ensure fund request, financial report and relevant documents are prepared in time,
- Maintain all kinds of banking transactions and associated tasks including bank reconciliation,
- Handling petty cash, filing of all vouchers.
- Assist to provide support (financial matter) if any disaster program happened in project location.
- Introduce/execute/support organization’s administrative rules & procedures,
- Preserve and update of shadow personnel files and related documents for field office
- Ensure logistics and materials as per program/admin requirements,
- Ensure mechanisms and direct support to staff for workable office environments,
- Review the log book of vehicle.
§ Program support and Documentation:
- Conduct field visit to examine the financial documents verification, provide feedback and support to financial dealings at major events,
- Preserve and maintain filing of all important financial documents, legal documents, staff financial contract, MOU, third party contract, financial information served to GO body, donor agreements, approved plan & budget, bank information.
- Maintain liaison with central (HQ) administration, finance and human resource departments.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are in compliance with Donor and funding source policies, procedures, agreement clauses, along with organization’s financial policies,
- Contribute opinion in improving internal control systems, financial discipline, transparency and accountability,
- Maintain current knowledge of government requirements and ensure compliance with tax regulations and other legal regulations,
§ Fixed Asset:
- Ensure inventory and identification of fixed assets at office and expatriate location maintaining liaison with Admin Department,
- Reviews periodically inventory/stock management
§ Assistance to Auditors:
- Ensure all financial documentations are made available on demand of auditors,
- Support to organization in executing and follow up audit recommendations
§ Tax & VAT deduction process:
- Ensure timely and properly deduction of vendor tax, VAT and personal tax, and deposit of taxes timely and preserves the all relevant documents,
- Information update on tax and VAT deduction process
- Attend different project meetings, finance meeting and donor meeting,
- Attend capacity building training, orientation and events,
- Specific tasks assigned by project’s Manager, Field coordinator, Project accountant (HQ)
- Any other assignments of organization management,
- Coordinate and cooperate with project staff and Finance and Accounts department for smooth project financial operation
- Masters in Accounting /Finance/MBA (major in Accounting). Commerce graduate with Chartered Accountancy course complete
- Age 28 to 40 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply.
- Operating Tally Software, Micro-soft Word, Excel and using google drive
- Knowledge on Financial Management, Accounting, Budgeting, Finance, Auditing, Tax, VAT
- Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines
- Team working ability
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical ability
- A methodical approach and problem-solving skills
- High level of numeracy
- Sound interpersonal skills.
- Report writing and Presentation Skills
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Workplace: Work at office
Job location : Sharankhola, Bagerhat
Salary : Tk. 25,000 (Monthly)
Compensation & other benefits
- Mobile bill, Weekly 2 holidays
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Pro-rata basis festival bonus
CDD respects rights and dignity of all human beings including children, women, older persons, all sex, indigenous community and persons with disabilities. CDD complies with its child and adult at risk policy and code of conduct. All staff of CDD must sign and adhere to this code of conduct.
CDD encourages persons with disabilities meeting the selection criteria to apply for this position.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit their application in English clearly mentioning the Job Title along with a meaningful cover letter, updated CV, recent PP size photograph.
– The cover letter should include key competencies of the candidate for this position.
Send your CV to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 20 May 2021