JOB NATURE: Contract Based (Head office)
CONTRACT DURATION: April 1st 2021 to Mar 31st 2022 (Subject to performance and NGO Affairs Bureau Approval). A three months performance objectives will be agreed, and on successful achievement of 3-months performance objectives, the contract will be continued. Multiple short contracts (as per current government regulation: six months duration of each contract) will be made throughout the Project Duration.
CONTRACT TYPE: Yearly Basic
CONTRACT START: 1st April 2021
REPORTING TO: Project Manager (or as nominated by CDD HQ)
DUTY STATION: Savar, Dhaka
The Centre for Disability in Development (CDD) (www.cdd.org.bd) is a non for profit organization established in 1996 to develop a more inclusive society for persons with disabilities. CDD simultaneously builds technical capacities of the development stakeholders and the communities in how to be more inclusive whilst also enabling persons with a disability to participate in society by strengthening their leadership and providing them with essential rehabilitation and other supports.
CDD is one of the most renowned organizations in the field of disability-inclusive development. CDD’s work in Bangladesh is supported by international and national donor agencies/development partners. CDD offers an inclusive, amicable, and respectable work environment.
The Ramon Magsaysay Award (Asian version of the Noble prize) has been awarded to its Executive Director in 2010. In 2018, CDD was recognized by the Government of Bangladesh as one of the best organizations working on disability and development issues.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL), this position will work as a part of Deafblindness project staff to support a culture and practice of reliable planning, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and reporting in CDD-NRCDB. This includes developing, updating and coordinating monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities and events within the deafblindness interventions among Partners, building the capacity of partner partners’ project staff, partners in M&E, and promoting MEAL knowledge transfer internally and externally. The position will ensure that MEAL system of the project and capacity building effectively serve CDD, adhering to CDD’s guidelines and policies. The position will be responsible for generating periodic project implementing reports and assessment reports.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Develop and update monitoring form and reporting tools
- Provide technical assistance and monitor implementation of project activities both at organization and partner level
- Coordinate all aspects of project monitoring
- Support project to develop any additional monitoring tools
- Develop tools, design, assessment methodologies for evaluate the project activities
- Evaluate the project activities performance based on the indicators
- Conduct staff training & orientation on M&E
- Assist external evaluator/ consultant/ Donor representative for M&E
- Collect data from the partner organization on monthly and quarterly basis
- Ensure data is high quality and check the quality of data produced and to identify where adaptations might needed
- Ensure data management is always up to date
- Develop data collection mechanism, plan and conduct data collection on the field following the set guidelines for survey
- Ensure back up and preserve all the data properly
- Support to run CDD MIS properly
- Collect monthly, quarterly and half-yearly monitoring report, review and provide feedback to the organization and partner
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, yearly statistical & narrative report for donor
- Write analytical narrative report, event reports, case stories, meeting minutes, best practices, lessons learned across projects for donor and external audience
- Undertake regular field visit to the fields to support implementation of project activities, monitoring & evaluation and prepare field visit report
NB: Perform any other responsibility/ special duty delegated by CDD management.
- Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Population Science, Master’s in Social Science/Development Studies;
- Demonstrated experience in data processing and management of large scale surveys;
- Demonstrated experience of statistical packages and/ or data analysis software (e.g. SPSS, Excel, Info, and advanced computer skills (word-processing, spread sheets, and databases) are a must;
- Years’ direct experience in a position of monitoring and evaluation of large scale projects;
- Experience in conducting a research studies including the entire evaluation cycle, from design and formulation to implementation, analysis and presentation of results and recommendations;
- Good oral and written communication skills both in Bangla and English;
- Must be result focused and be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a multi-cultural team environment;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Technical knowledge and experience in implementation of gender and disability sensitive approaches is a plus;
- Basic knowledge of Humanitarian principles including the Code of Conduct, data protection of beneficiaries, Age and Disability Inclusion in activities.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Reasonable accommodation will be ensured for individuals with disabilities.
- Frequent Field Visit in the project implementing locations
- Reasonable accommodation will be ensured for individuals with disabilities.
- Need-based work during weekends, when essential.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
• BDT 32,000.00 (all-inclusive)/per month
• Prorata basis festival allowances
• Cellphone bill (fixed/per month)
• Two-day weekend (Friday and Saturday)
CDD respects rights and dignity of all human beings including children, women, older persons, all sex, indigenous community and persons with disabilities. CDD complies with its child and Adult at Risk safeguarding policy and code of conduct. Child Safeguarding:
We need to keep children and adult at risk safe. So our selection process includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the safeguarding of children and adult at risk from abuse.
All staff of CDD must sign and adhere to this code of conduct.
CDD encourages persons with disabilities and women meeting the selection criteria to apply for this position.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit their application in English clearly mentioning the Job Title along with a meaningful cover letter, updated CV, recent PP size photograph by email to: [email protected]
Last Date of Application: 30th Mar 2021. No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All applications will be treated according to the merit and with strict confidentiality. CDD is an equal opportunity employer.