- The Centre for Disability in Development (CDD) is a not for profit organization established in 1996 to develop a more inclusive society for persons with disabilities. CDD simultaneously builds technical capacities of the development stakeholders and the communities in how to be more inclusive whilst also enabling persons with a disability to participate in society by strengthening their leadership and providing them with essential rehabilitation and other supports.
- CDD is one of the most renowned organizations in the field of disability-inclusive development. CDD`s work in Bangladesh is supported by international and national donor agencies/development partners. CDD offers an inclusive, amicable, and respectable work environment.
- The Ramon Magsaysay Award (Asian version of the Noble prize) has been awarded to its Executive Director in 2010. In 2018, CDD was recognized by the Government of Bangladesh as one of the best organizations working on disability and development issues.
- Since November 2017, CDD in partnership with CBM is implementing humanitarian response for the Rohingyas and Host Communities in Ukhia, Cox`s Bazar. As per operational strategy 2020-22, the current key activities of the response consist of (1) the provision of multidisciplinary rehabilitation services, (2) running of a Therapy Corner to provide rehabilitation and other related services for the Children with severe impairments, and (3) technical support to mainstream organizations, advocacy with sectors to include persons with disabilities in the humanitarian action
- Purpose of the Job: Provide technical support and ensure quality rehabilitation services of CDD’s Rohingya Response Program to improve the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the humanitarian response.
- Key function-1: Project management
- Continuous monitor and evaluate the progress in project activities, ensuring that it is in line with the Donor reporting guidelines and Log frame.
- Maintain continuous tracking of different cost plan activities and ensure everything is done timely.
- Prepare monthly Narrative report & other donor reports.
- Responsible for delivering quality Rehabilitation services to the beneficiaries of CDD-CBM Rohingya Response.
- The Rehab Manager will plan for implement overall Rehabilitation services efficiently.
- Key function – 2: Quality assurance
- Provide technical support to the field Rehab team in various relevant issues.
- Develop different strategic documents, guidelines, tools for implement the Rehabilitation services effectively & explore new ideas and scope of practice.
- Distribute project targets among the teams to ensure that each member has appropriate workload and can work efficiently to achieve project activities
- Audit the rehab services, identify areas of improvement and develop plan to address these areas.
- Review tools periodically and ensure data collection and analysis in line with the program expected outcome.
- Key function – 3: Capacity building
- Conduct training needs assessment, develop modules and deliver in accordance with available resources.
- Organize exposure visits for team building exercises.
- Ensure team building, enhancing team cohesion and ensure internal/ coordination and representation
- Provide hands on support as and when needed to improve confidence and build trust.
- Key function – 4: Representation and Advocacy
- Participate Health, Protection & Other relevant sector meeting and represent CDD-CBM at different sectors.
- Provide input at different sectoral strategic documents.
- Develop good practices, generate evidences to make a case for rehab in health.
- Prepare advocacy strategy on rehab and align efforts with Inclusion Manager.
- You will also perform additional work according to the projects need and as being assigned by the CDD authority
- University degree or equivalent in Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech and Language Therapy, Disability Studies, and Rehabilitation Science.
- Masters in in Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech and Language Therapy, Disability Studies, and Rehabilitation Science
- At least 12 year(s)
- Age 35 to 55 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Contract Duration: August 2020 to December 2021 (subject to performance and NGO Affairs Bureau Approval). A three months performance objectives will be agreed, and on successful achievement of 3-months performance objectives, the contract will be continued. Multiple short contracts (as per current government regulation: six months duration of each contract) will be made throughout the Project Duration
- Reporting to:
- a) Job Title of Direct Line Manager (at Ukhiya): Program Manager
- b) Reportable to at HQ level: PDM and Rohingya Response Focal, CDD
- Direct Reports:
- Rehab Operations Manager
- Technical Supervision
- Rehab Coordinator – Camp
- Rehab Coordinator – Host
- At least twelve years of working experience as a Clinical Therapist/Coordinator/Rehabilitation Manager in the field of Rehabilitation.
- Knowledge / understanding on the rights of persons with disabilities, older people or other at-risk groups and their challenges in humanitarian/development context.
- Working experience in the Multidisciplinary Team.
- Working experience as a technical support/supervision position in the field of rehabilitation
- 12 Years working experience in the field of Rehabilitation.
- Experience in managing projects related to Disability and Rehabilitation preferably in the Humanitarian Context.
- Managing over 10 Rehabilitation Professionals in the team.
- Experience in Rohingya response
- Ability to take initiative and generate ideas to complex situations
- Diplomacy skills and ability to understand and handle multiple perspectives
- Strong team management skills
- Strong internal and external coordination and representation skills
- Cross-cultural communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload in fast paced environment and handle stress with limited supervision
- Excellent oral and written English and Bengali.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical writing.
- Very good computer skills (Microsoft office & internet)
Cox’s Bazar (Ukhia)
Tk. 150000 – 155000 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Weekly 2 holidays
- Prorata basis festival allowances
- Insurance as per organizational agreed coverage
Read Before Apply
CDD respects rights and dignity of all human beings including
children, women, older persons, all sex, indigenous community and persons with
disabilities. CDD complies with its child and vulnerable adult safeguarding
policy and code of conduct. All staff of CDD must sign and adhere to this code
CDD encourages persons with disabilities meeting the selection criteria to apply for this position.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit their application in English clearly mentioning the Job Title along with a meaningful cover letter, updated CV, recent PP size photograph by email to:
*Photograph must be enclosed with the resume.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline : 31 Jul 2020