- The Centre for Disability in Development (CDD) is a not for profit organization established in 1996 to develop a more inclusive society for persons with disabilities. CDD simultaneously builds technical capacities of the development stakeholders and the communities in how to be more inclusive whilst also enabling persons with a disability to participate in society by strengthening their leadership and providing them with essential rehabilitation and other supports.
- CDD is one of the most renowned organizations in the field of disability-inclusive development. CDD’s work in Bangladesh is supported by international and national donor agencies/development partners. CDD offers an inclusive, amicable, and respectable work environment.
- The Ramon Magsaysay Award (Asian version of the Noble prize) has been awarded to its Executive Director in 2010. In 2018, CDD was recognized by the Government of Bangladesh as one of the best organizations working on disability and development issues.
- Since November 2017, CDD in partnership with CBM is implementing humanitarian response for the Rohingyas and Host Communities in Ukhia, Cox’s Bazar. As per operational strategy 2020-22, the current key activities of the response consist of (1) the provision of multidisciplinary rehabilitation services, (2) running of a Therapy Corner to provide rehabilitation and other related services for the Children with severe impairments, and (3) technical support to mainstream organizations, advocacy with sectors to include persons with disabilities in the humanitarian action.
- Job Summary:
- The Human Resource Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) Unit, including hiring and interviewing staff, coordinating induction, training, performance management & development of staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing CDD’s related policies and practices (e.g., HR Policy, Code of Conduct, Safeguarding Policies). The Human Resource Manager will also oversee the Administrative and Procurement work through direct supervising the Admin Officer and Procurement & Logistics Officer.
- Duties/ Responsibilities:
- HR Strategy
- Assist in the regular review, contextualisation and roll-out of HR policies, and employment policies and procedures in compliance with CDD’s standards, evolving national labor law and policies, and local Administration Policies and Guidelines.
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, assist in the development of the Human Resource Plan, including staff recruitment plan in an efficient and timely manner in consultation with respective managers and Focal-Rohingya Response.
- Ensure the consistent implementation of HR and Administration Policies and Procedures across the program.
- Ensure the staff hiring process is conducted transparently, timely, and efficiently in compliance with CDD’s policies and National Labor Law & Cox’s Bazar Local Administration.
- In consultation with the Program Manager and Finance Manager at Cox’s Level and with the Focal-Rohingya Response, determine salaries for selected candidates and prepare employment offers.
- Ensure pre-employment requirements are submitted.
- Open personnel file with related documentation for new staff as per the HR checklist. Ensure that all staff has undergone proper orientation & induction.
- Maintain and regularly update the HR Directory with the necessary staff details.
- Performance Appraisal
- Provides support related to developing and updating job descriptions in consultation with respective line managers.
- Provides support to develop staff skills and capabilities.
- Monitor employee performance and coordinate with relevant staff to ensure employee performance evaluations are carried out on time and communicated to the respective staff.
- Compensation, Benefits and Performance Evaluation
- Ensure the timely and efficient payroll preparation (e.g., number of working days, benefits)
- Ensure the proper tracking of leave. Review compensation and benefits package at regular intervals in collaboration with Accounts & Management Team.
- Support with salary scale assessments on an annual basis to ensure CDD’s salary package is fair, consistent, and competitive.
- Employee Relations
- Ensure the timely processing of the new contract, contract extension, staff transfer, promotions, and other status changes.
- Manage processes related to disciplinary actions, staff separation, and termination.
- Prompt respond to all queries and requests from the employees.
- Ensure that employees’ files are auditable in real-time as per Organizational and relevant donors’ requirements.
- Coordinate staff training and development.
- Assist in team-building practices and activities to promote team-work.
- Put in place a training and development plan in coordination with management and the finance team.
- Administrative and Procurement work Supervision:
- Ensure maintaining proper documentation for all administrative and procurement-related work, including but not limited to office space deed, price quotations, and TORs.
- Maintaining inventory of office equipment and facilities, including vehicles and random inspection of the office facility and equipment maintenance work.
- Supervision support to the Administrative Officer, whose responsibilities for facility management (e.g., security), managing support staff, managing hotel reservations, venue reservation for training and meetings, and communicating with the related government and non-government agencies.
- Supervision support to the Procurement & Logistics Officer’s work.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree from a recognized and reputed university, preferably major in HR/professional qualification: PGDHRM.
- At least five years of progressive full-time employment in a similar position, preferably in the nonprofit/NGO sector (emergency response context would be an advantage) with at least one year in an HR supervisory/management position.
- Experience of developing and implementing HR policies, procedures, and systems.
- Strong knowledge of Bangladesh Labor Law and NGO/INGO best practices in human resource management, compensation, and benefits.
- Strong understanding of HR and OD practices and group processes and dynamics.
- Previous experience of staff supervision and capacity building.
- Direct experience in coordinating large scale recruitment and handling HR issues of over 150 employees.
- Skills Required: Ability to Work Under Pressure, Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- At least 5 year(s)
- The applicants should
have experience in the following area(s):
- Administrative, Human Resource, Management and Leadership
- The applicants should
have experience in the following business area(s):
- Development Agency, NGO
- Age 28 to 40 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply.
- Excellent verbal and written (analytical) communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Self-motivation to learn on the job and to Continuous Professional Development.
- Result oriented.
- Respect for human and cultural diversity.
- Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Reasonable accommodation will be ensured for individuals with disabilities.
- Periodic Field Visit in the Rohingya Camp and Host Community Project Locations. Reasonable accommodation will be ensured for individuals with disabilities.
- Need-based work during weekends, when essential.
Cox’s Bazar (Ukhia)
- TK.110000 – 115000 (Monthly)
- Prorata basis festival allowances
Compensation & other benefits
- Mobile bill, Weekly 2 holidays, Insurance
Job Nature: Full-time
Age: Age 28 to 40 years
Experience: At least 5 year(s)
Job Location: Cox’s Bazar (Ukhia)
Salary: TK.110000 – 115000 (Monthly)
Application Deadline: July 31, 2020
Read Before Apply
respects all human beings’ rights and dignity, including children, women, the
older persons, all sex, indigenous community, and persons with disabilities.
CDD complies with its child and vulnerable adult safeguarding policy and code
of conduct. All staff of CDD must sign and adhere to this code of conduct.
CDD encourages persons with disabilities, meeting the selection criteria to apply for this position.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet the required qualifications, are invited to submit their application by July 15, 2020 in English mentioning the Job Title along with a meaningful Cover Letter, updated CV, recent PP size photograph, last drawn salary by e-mail to:
*Photograph must be enclosed with the resume.
Send your CV to email@example.com
Application Deadline: July 31, 2020