- Center for Disability in Development (CDD) as the implementing partner of CBM is currently implementing a large scale consortium programme titled “Innovating Pathways for Employment Inclusion (IPEI); Innovation to Inclusion (i2i)” funded by DFID. The programme intends to ensure full participation of people with disabilities in society and enjoy equal access and have choice and control over economic opportunities in Bangladesh. IPEI will develop, test, validate, and share learning from interventions in Kenya and Bangladesh that will: directly improve access to waged employment for 7,000 women and men with disabilities; and demonstrate the potential for change by identifying the most successful interventions that strengthen the disability ecosystem in three locations in Bangladesh namely Dhaka, Chattagram and Sylhet. The programme duration is 3 years from 2019- 2022 and implementation will be done in partnership with CDD under a global consortium.
- Manage accounts & finance of “Innovating Pathways for Employment Inclusion (IPEI): Innovation to Inclusion (i2i)”
- Prepare and submit financial report to CBM monthly/quarterly following the donor template;
- Prepare six-monthly budget forecast, with quarterly and monthly budget break-down, for projects;
- Prepare and submit monthly financial requisition to project management in alignment with approved project budgets;
- Implement and monitor budgetary control activities;
- Develop monthly variance report of the budgeted and actual expenses showing the reasons for variance;
- Provide financial analysis to management for early decision making;
- Flag low burn-rate against a line item or anticipated over expenditure;
- Work closely with project team to develop project budgets and ensure appropriateness of budget figures;
- Prepare daily receipts and payment vouchers journal vouchers of project related expenses;
- Prepare staff salary sheet of assigned projects and respective pay slips;
- Maintaining Cash book, bank book, General ledger, subsidiary ledger(S) and other required register(s);
- Ensure that VAT and Tax is deducted, Depositedand documented as per Government Rules;
- Maintain FIS for the project, operate TALLY Software;
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliation statement(s);
- Maintain the fixed assets register both for assets & stores of the project;
- Ensure all financial reports and budgets are accurate;
- Perform periodic checks and verifies different finance and accounts related reports, documents and compliance requirements;
- Develop financial statement for NGO Affair’s Bureau and local administration;
- Capacity development support to DPOs;
- Supports CBM and other donors with information and documents as requested;
- Supports with compliance checks conducted by CBM or other donors;
- Supports with project audits;
- Ensure Value for Money principles are adhered to throughout the project;
- Ensure that funds are spent in accordance with DFID and CBM requirements and limits along with government rules and regulations;
- Any other assignment provided by the organization
- Master of Commerce (MCom) in Finance & Banking, Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Commerce (MCom) in Accounting
- CA course Completed
- 1 to 2 year(s)
- Age 22 to 35 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Must possess skills on leadership, problem solving, communication, time management, analysis & assessment, planning & organizing, judgment, and attention to detailing.
- Excellent in the application of Microsoft Excel and Words
- Good command over English – Spoken and Written
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, handle situations of multi-tasking and to work in a multi-cultural and diverse workforce
- Must adhere to organizational rules and sign the Child Safeguarding Code of Conduct and Organizational Code of Conduct
Job Location: Dhaka (Savar)
Salary: Tk. 33000 – 35000 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Weekly 2 holidays
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Pro rate basis festival bonus
Read Before Apply
CDD respects rights and dignity of all human beings including children, women, elderly, all gender, indigenous community and persons with disabilities.
CDD complies with its child safeguarding policy and code of conduct. All staff of CDD must sign and adhere to this code of conduct.
CDD encourages persons with disabilities meeting the selection criteria to apply for this position.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit their application in English clearly mentioning the Job Title along with a meaningful cover letter, updated CV.
No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All applications will be treated according to the merit and with strict confidentiality. CDD is an equal opportunity employer.
*Photograph must be enclosed with the resume.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Email CV from MY BDJOBS account Click here. Application Deadline: October 22, 2019